Friday, July 16, 2010

Pardon me while I geek out.

I totally have a girl crush on Jennifer Garner. I want to be her best friend. I want to drink lattes and talk girl talk. What am I saying? I'd be thrilled to babysit her kids.

I never thought much about Jennifer Garner, for a long time. I thought she was good in Juno, and in The Invention of Lying (which, incidentally, halfway through turns into a completely different movie than the one advertised, but is still totally worth renting). But I never really paid attention until a few weeks ago I started watching every episode of Alias, in chronological order, of course.

I generally believe that the best actors are the ones who bring something of themselves into the characters they play - so they're not putting on masks, but rather finding the parts of themselves that resonate with the roles at hand. Which is to say that after watching over 100 episodes of Alias, I feel good about saying that Jennifer Garner has got to be a total sweetheart. Yes, I fully understand that I don't actually know her even the teeniest bit, having never even been in a room with her much less met her (nothing creepy or delusional going on here, I swear). But just watch all five seasons - how can she not be awesome?

Also, as evidenced by the blooper reel for season five, she has the most awesomely bad laugh ever. I'm just sayin.

No comments: