A few observations on moving:
- Trying to pack everything you own into little boxes that you'll have to carry up and down multiple flights of stairs and fit into a small vehicular-type container gives you a whole new perspective on the value of the things you own.
- Everything costs twice as much as you thought it would.
- Every moment you spend with the people you care about (who aren't coming with you) passes four times as fast as it would otherwise.
- Nobody wants to help you carry everything you own up or down any flights of stairs...but someone will, and for that you will be willing to offer eternal gratitude, sexual favors, and your firstborn child.
- Are you familiar with the concept of 'limbo'? (not the thing people do at parties with a broomstick)
- ...but really, how can one person possibly own so much completely useless crap?
- Sitting in total silence, doing absolutely nothing but sharing someone's company, can be the best thing in the world.
- If you change your mind and come back, all you've really lost is a little time and a lot of money.....
Family portraits 2019
1 week ago